There are all sorts of reasons why our skin loses a bit of its glow as we turn another year older.
Stress, sun damage, smoking, diet, medication, illness, weight loss – these are just some of the things that can result in our skin looking less than radiant.
The cocktail of medication I take each day to treat my IIH symptoms has had a fairly major impact on my skin. My once flawless, glowing skin now requires hydration and plenty of it!
Now that my body is used to the side effects of the medication I take each day, I have the energy to get that happy, healthy glow back.
Since developing Skin Boss earlier this year, I’ve changed a lot about my skincare routine. It’s now very simple – I used to use ALL THE BEAUTY THINGS – and instead of worrying about things like fine lines and wrinkles, my main aim is a happy, healthy glow.
My skin is definitely looking and feeling much better than it was this time last year. The glow is returning and it finally feels hydrated. Hooray for that!
If you’d like to achieve happy, healthy glowing skin too, here are my top 10 skin care tips.
10 easy skin care tips for a happy, healthy glow
- Get plenty of sleep. Achieving a solid 7-8 hours a night definitely makes a difference to how your skin looks and feels.
- Wear sunscreen every day. We all know why. Keep it on your bathroom bench so you don’t forget to apply it. Bonus points if you also wear a hat.
- Stay hydrated. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day, more if you’re active or living in a warm climate. Your skin will thank you for it.
- Massage your Skin Boss face oil into your skin. Massaging it into your skin using a light circular motion not only feels good, but it kicks your circulation into high gear.
- Keep your skincare routine simple. My morning routine is cleanse, Skin Boss day face oil Get Up And Glow®, eye cream, sunscreen, done!
- Exfoliate. Combat dull skin with a gentle facial scrub once or twice a week.
- Take your make-up off at night. Avoid waking up with clogged pores or panda eyes by removing your makeup. Apply your Skin Boss night oil, Sleep On it® and drift off to sleep with nourished skin and a relaxed mind.
- Treat yourself to a facial. A customised facial, suited to your specific skin needs is the perfect pick me up.
- Don’t forget your neck and chest. Your skincare regime shouldn’t stop at your chin. Take your products all the way down your neck to your decolletage (upper chest) area.
- Smile! You look so beautiful when you smile. Truly, you do.
How is your skin looking? Do you use Skin Boss products?
Need more Skin Boss in your life? Here you go:
Wondering if you need a moisturiser after you apply Skin Boss face oil? This post has all the details: Should I use a face oil before or after moisturiser?
Like to make a purchase? Click here and you’ll be taken straight to our virtual shelves. Enjoy!